Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Like a Robot


So I picked up Ole from camp the other day and one of the teachers tells me she had to have "a little talk with Ole today." Uh oh...that means trouble. When I asked why...she tells me "because he punched another little boy...who wanted to play with him...in the eye."

Oh. My. God. My cute, sweet, innocent son punched someone in the eye! A cute little boy named Finn, no less. Finn only wanted to play with him.

In the car, on the way home, I asked Ole if he punched another little boy. He says, "Yeah, like a robot. Like this." Then he demonstrated how he did it...with pride.

I proceed to have the talk with him about why it's not okay to hit people and when I get to the part about how it hurts when one hits and it's not nice to hurt people...he says to me, "It doesn't hurt when I hit people." I argued with my four year old son about whether it hurts when he hits people...the whole way home!

This is what my life has turned into.

The good news...so far no more hitting. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

No comments: