Wednesday, October 12, 2005

don't break my ears

So we told Ole I'm pregnant the other night...IT WAS HIGH-LARIOUS.

I began by explaning what pregnant is...there's a baby growing in my belly. My belly is getting bigger...just like the pictures you've seen when you were inside mama. blah blah blah...

Ole: "You're growing a baby right now?"
Me: "Yes. You're gonna be a big brother!" (much enthusiasm here)
Ole: "Is it gonna cry?"
Me: "Well, yes. It's gonna cry sometimes."
Ole: "When it cries...I want to go in my room so it doesn't broke my ears."

Later in the evening...

Ole: "When will the baby get here?"
Rune: "In May. That's when ski season is over"

A few minutes later...

Ole: "Mama...my baby sister's gonna be here when we're done skiing!"
Me: "Did your father tell you that?"

1 comment:

terry said...

Gauging the passage of time via ski season??

Like father, like son...

Do you suppose the walnut will be spared the madness??