Thursday, April 26, 2007

fairy failure



We are horrible, horrible parents.

Ole lost a tooth yesterday and dutifully put it under his pillow last night.

The tooth fairy DID NOT COME. shit shit shit.

FUCK! We totally forgot. I'm not sure if there's anything worse than this.

Rune told him the tooth fairy must be running late. I debated just telling him the truth, but he is a total believer, so I told him the tooth fairy is probably bringing him something extra special and needed more time. That way I can buy a guilt-toy today ... the fairy can leave him tonight.

We are total failures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oopsie. once, laura decided to test the tooth fairy's identity by not telling me she lost her tooth. since i moonlight as the TF in my spare time, laura did not receive her fairy payoff that night. she left he tooth fairy a really nasty note. how was the fairy to know? i may still have the note someplace.

just don't forget about christmas.

xo, rc

cheryl said...

well, it sounds like you covered your ass pretty good. see you in june!
- Cheryl