Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kids these days...

Ole is 7.

He does not know a life without DVR. He takes it for granted that we can pause and rewind while we're watching TV. And ... he gets annoyed when he can't fast forward through commercials.

Ole: "Skip that part."
Me: " I can't. It's live TV."
Ole (annoyed): "Why not?"
Me: "You can only skip ahead when it's on the DVR."
Ole: "Fine."
Also ... he heard someone say something about a cassette tape once. He had NO idea what it was. Even after I explained it. It just didn't compute.

3 comments:

Maintenance mans log said...

I have 4 kids and we don't own a DVR.......

terry said...

oh. my. god.

now i feel even older than ever.

has he ever seen a record album? y'know, vinyl? with music on it?

rune said...

That's it, I'm bringing my record player over from Norway next time I go there.