Thursday, September 22, 2005

gag me with a tonsil

Fair warning for those of you who do not want to hear me complain about how sick i am...

Anyway...one of two of you may have noticed that I've missed a couple days here. That's because Tuesday...we spent the day in Trondheim. That's the town where Rune went to college...also where Jim Taylor spent some time this summer. Jim tells me he saw a young lady walking down the street wearing a t-shirt that read, "I like to fuck." He said it was then that he knew he loved Trondheim. Rune's brother goes to college there now...so we went to see him. The reason I was so excited to go (other than to visit my brother in law of course) was because there is a pretty sizable H&fuckingM there!! Woo hoo...h&m all around... Trondheim is about a two hour drive from Steinkjer (where I am now), so we were gone all day.

Then, yesterday, I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed ALL DAY LONG. Pathetic. I think I may have a sinus infection and tonsilitis (is that how you spell that?)...because my throat hurts like hell and my tonsils are so swollen I feel like I'm gagging all the time. I keep thinking about Becky and Laura - who gag when they brush their teeth - and how they would totally die if they had this. I must have had a fever or something yesterday too because all I did was sleep really. I feel better today in that at least I could get up. I still, however, feel like I'm constantly gagging. Fun, huh?

I've decided that this is god's way (or whoever) of equalizing. I don't get morning sickness when I'm pregnant. I just get sick. This sucks!

OK...enough complaining.

I did make it out of bed and out of the house today. We went bowling again. Ole bowled a strike on his very first throw. I think the people at the bowling alley thought we had a little bowling genius on our hands...until the next throw when he hurled the ball over the bumper and broke the lane divider. We had a pretty good time.

Weather here is not a whole lot different than when we arrived...rain, rain and more rain. It's not as cold though.

3 comments:

terry said...

but did ole fart after the bowling incident? was he really happy?

and surely there must be some really great norwegian remedies for gag-inducing tonsilities. something rich in gross fish bits.

you poor thing. hope you're well soon!

terry said...

tonsilities??
jesus.

TONSILITIS.

Queen of Cheese said...

feel better jelly.
I still won't tell you any lost cheese but please get better!